Chin and cheek augmentation with either implants or temporary dermal fillers make it possible to radically improve the contours of the face. Cambridge Clear Beauty offer chin and cheek augmentation after care instructions. Postoperative instructions include the following:
- Eat a soft diet for two to three weeks.
- Elevate the head of the bed or use 2-3 pillows.
- Limit touching or manipulating the chin area.
- Practice good oral hygiene (for patients with intraoral approach).
- Gentle irrigation with antiseptic mouthwash and lukewarm water 2-3 times daily.
- No use of toothbrush around lower central incisor middle teeth.
- Keep tongue away from incision.
- Take prescribed antibiotics for 1 week.
- Take pain medication as needed.
- Exercise should be reasonable or modest only (but NOT strenuous); for 2 weeks.
Temporary dermal fillers are a very popular aesthetic treatment, with little downtime and side effects. The volumising filler is injected carefully into the cheeks and chin area where needed to create a fuller, more rounded contour. Temporary fillers last approximately 12 months in these areas before you’ll need a repeat treatment.
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution to chin and cheek augmentation and there are no problems with the structure of your jaw or teeth formation, then implants inserted into the chin to either make it wider, longer or more prominent can be a very effective option.
If you would like more information about chin and cheek augmentation after care instructions, please contact our team for advice.