Love your Breasts
How it worksBreast Reduction
Talk to our expertsHave a consultation with one of our surgeons to discuss whether breast reduction is appropriate for you.
Get your desired treatmentHave your breast reduction procedure and stay in hospital overnight.
We will support youFeel confident that we will support you ever step of the way.
During a breast reduction procedure Mr. Ahmad prefers, where appropriate, to use a modification of the Hall-Findlay technique. This technique utilises a smaller incision which means limited scarring afterwards. The incision extends around the nipple and then down from the base of the nipple to the natural fold under the breast. This is called a ‘lollipop’ scar. For some patients, it is necessary to make a very small incision along the crease as well.
Mr Ahmad finds this technique offers patients the most natural and aesthetically attractive shape to the breast.
A breast reduction is performed under general Anaesthetic and you will probably have to stay in hospital overnight before being discharged.Book Consultation
At a glance
- Used to improve Breast Shape and Size
- Time in theatre 3 hours
- Anaesthesia general Anaesthetic
- Hospital stay 1 night
- Recovery 2 – 3 weeks
- Costs £6,500 – £8,500
- Follow up up to 5 included
- Does it last yes
Over 100+ Breastoperations performed
Mr Ahmad has performed hundreds of breast operations for patients adept at combining this experience and skill with an artistic eye, achieving a very beautiful and natural-looking result for his patients.
Based on 106 reviews
You can feel confident that he will understand your issues and be reassured that he has the experience to address your concerns. Have a look at our verified testimonials.
Mr Ahmad will never push you to any procedure or treatment and our philosophy is to look after you before, during and after your treatment. Mr Ahmad will listen and give you the knowledge to make an informed decision, in your own time.
Click here the learn about Breast Reduction Aftercare
- You will need to sleep on your back for the first 2 weeks following surgery.
- You should sleep propped up with pillows to reduce swelling of the breasts.
- Take Painkillers as directed, these are usually Paracetamol-based. Please avoid taking Aspirin-based medication as these can cause bleeding.
- Complete your course of antibiotics as directed, if prescribed.
- Any dressings on your breasts should be kept dry and intact. These will be changed at your follow-up appointment.
- You will be fitted with a sports/supportive bra, which should be worn day and night for 6 weeks. This is provided for by the hospital.
- Underwired bras should not be worn for at least 6 weeks.
- Avoid any activity that puts stress on the wounds, including raising your arms above the heads, domestic chores and lifting heavy items (i.e. shopping bags, children) for 6 weeks.
- Your breasts will be swollen and bruised initially. This will gradually disappear. Swelling can take up to 6 months to completely dissipate.
- A lack of sensation to the breasts and nipples is normal, with sensation gradually returning over a period of several months.
- Advice about showering/bathing and care of the wound will be given at your follow-up appointments.
- Depending on your job, you should be able to return to work within 1 to 2 weeks after the operation.
- You can recommence driving once you are able to move freely with no pain and can wear a seat belt comfortably, usually 2 to 3 weeks following surgery.
- Generally exercises such as swimming, aerobics and so on can be recommenced at 6 to 8 weeks following surgery.
- Please refrain from smoking as this prevents good wound healing.
- If you experience undue pain, redness, excessive swelling, a raised temperature or you feel unwell, please contact the hospital where you had your procedure, or your Consultant directly if you have been requested to do so.