Aftercare following PDO Thread lifts advises that most people are able to continue with normal activities with immediate improvement in their appearance. Some will have some redness, pin prick marks, and some degree of swelling, possibly some puckering along the site of the suture, possibly, indentations at the insertion or exit points. The immediate side effects are expected to settle within 2 weeks.
For up to a week after the procedure it may feel tender around the sutures. If necessary, you can take some simple paracetamol to help with this although most patients do not bother with this step. You may feel the stitches and the anchoring cones beneath your skin especially when you apply your skincare products or make up, although you should not be able to see them.
- sleep on your back for 5 nights.
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours.
- No facials or facial massage for 10 days.
- No extreme facial expressions for 2 weeks.
- Application of anti-biotic cream as advised.
- To attend a review appointment as advised.
- To avoid alcohol, vigorous exercise, sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment. These activities have been found to increase and prolong swelling.
- Swelling may worsen in the first 24 hours, and then should settle within the first few days. Cold packs can be helpful in reducing swelling.
- Bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling goes down.
If you would like more information about aftercare following PDO Thread lifts, please contact our team for advice.