We believe everyone should feel confident and comfortable in their own skin and breathe easy, which is why our Rhinoplasty and SeptoRhinoplasty surgery is so popular for those unhappy with the shape of their noses. Here is some of the rhinoplasty discharge advice we offer to our clients who have undergone the procedure.
- You will need to sleep upright, well-supported with pillows for two weeks following surgery;
- You will probably have a bloody nasal discharge for the first few days. You can dab this away gently with a tissue. Do not attempt to clean inside the nose. Do not blow your nose for at least the first two weeks after surgery;
- Hot drinks should be avoided for the first 48 hours;
- Avoid bending down or forward as this will increase the pressure in the nose and may lead to bleeding;
- Bruising and swelling around the eyes will increase at first, reaching a peak after two to three days;
- Cold compresses can be applied to the eyes to soothe the area;
- Try not to sneeze or cough. If this cannot be prevented, open your mouth to allow the pressure to escape through the mouth rather than the nose;
- Should you require pain relief, Paracetamol is recommended. Please avoid taking Aspirin-based
medications as they may cause bleeding;
- Hot baths and strenuous activity should be avoided for two to three weeks;
- If sutures are present, these will be removed at four to seven days following surgery by a professional;
- The nasal splint will be removed at seven to 10 days following surgery by a professional. This must stay dry and intact until then;
- Please refrain from smoking as this prevents good wound healing;
- Depending on your job, you should be able to return to work within one to two weeks after the operation;
- Avoid hitting or rubbing your nose, or getting it sunburned, for eight weeks;
- Contact sports should be avoided for at least six to eight weeks following surgery;
- Should you experience undue pain, excessive swelling, redness, a raised temperature or feel unwell, please contact the hospital where you had your procedure, or your Consultant directly if you have been requested to do so.
Are you unhappy with the current shape of your nose? Contact our team today to find out more about SeptoRhinoplasty and Rhinoplasty, to book your consultation or to find out more about our rhinoplasty discharge advice.