It may not be sunny but UVA (Aging rays) and UVB (burning rays) can still penetrate through glass! The biggest contributor to extrinsic ageing is the effect of radiation from the sun! 50% of photodamage has all already occurred by the age of 18 but does not become apparent until middle age, this is why I say:
“Sunscreen with an SPF 30 is the best antiaging skincare product you will ever own”
- Applied AM only its job is to work throughout the day, one issue I find when patients apply this product is the amount used is never enough!
- Sufficient coverage for a face should be the size of a 50 pence piece, no matter what the sun protectant factor is, for example 15, 30, or 50.
- You also need a separate sunscreen to the spf that may be contained in make-up (where appropriate)
- If you are in direct sun you will need to reapply throughout the day.
- It should be applied after your moisturiser and before make-up.
- Don’t forget your ears, -anywhere that protrudes will get the sun first…..ears, nose and forehead.
- Reapply-exposure, water and sweat will remove the effectiveness from the product which is why we need to top it up.
- Use a sunscreen for your skin type- if its not for you, then you wont like it or use it.
- Make it part of your daily skincare routine -not just for holidays
- Use a separate sunscreen for the face, never the same one used on the body.
- Most sunscreens take time to activate- apply it 20/30 minutes before sun exposure so you have given it time to work.
Pro c benefits
- Facial product of spf 30
- Silky texture
- Very good make up base
- Good for oily combination skin types-matt finish
- Infused with 10% Vitamin C
- Light reflectance properties
- Skin looks bright and fresh
- Non-Comedogenic- doesn’t clog pores
- Suitable for both men and women